font Matters
Text & Font Create a Powerful Message
Fonts are my friend. I think I have over 150 fonts in my font book and probably use 150 of them in marketing. Fonts can evoke emotion and thought and using the wrong font could cost you.
Here are some tips for fonts:
1. I try not to use more than 3 fonts per piece. Most graphic designers will tell you to limit to 2, sometimes I break that rule.
2. Make them legible. Don't use too much script or handwriting fonts, your message could get lost if your clients have to think too hard about what the message reads. Try to limit the scripts and handwriting fonts to headings and short verbiage.
3. Make sure not to use colored fonts for large bodies of text. It is hard on the eyes to read light colors or bright colors. Try to stick to black or dark grey for long paragraphs.
4. Don't be afraid to bold or italicize your message, it can get your point across just as well.
Here is a link to some creative ways to use font:
http://www.creativebloq.com/graphic-design-tips/the-15-best-free-fonts-for-designers-1233380/
FREE FONTS
There are tons of free fonts out there, here are some of my favorite free font sites:
http://www.dafont.com/
http://www.urbanfonts.com/fonts.php
http://www.fontspace.com/

No comments:
Post a Comment