Straight Up Motivation
How to stay in inspired and on track
So what do you do when you are out of steam, exhausted and wanting to just give up? I am here to share what works for me.
1. Keep an inspiring context in your workspace. I made a "creativity board" where I keep all my marketing pieces that I design so I can be inspired and SEE my work in reality. I also have inspiring quotes and photographs all around my office. It keeps me in motion when I am totally out of steam. My favorite is "I am the creator" which reminds me that I create every moment of my life.
2. Have an accountability partner. When you are down or your mind chatter is rampant, pick up the phone and call someone! I have a list of people that are ready and willing to coach me at any particular time. Besides that, I have weekly calls with people to keep me inspired and on track. They are my keys to getting out of my head and back into the world.
3. Embrase failure. Yes, I hated this one too, but the juicy part of life is in the journey! What you learn from a no, or from a failure is far more valuable than you may think! Don't make it mean anything, just MOVE on through it! So what if you spent hours and hours on a project that didn't address the problem or failed to launch. Just keep moving forward.
4. Reward yourself! This is my favorite way to stay motivated. I make little goals for myself like "If I finish this big project by noon, I will treat myself to sushi for lunch on the patio or something like that that excites me. I also love to work outside, connect to nature - so it is a real treat to be in the great outdoors.
5. Book a vacation. It is inevitable, I get more work done in a short amount of time when I am trying to leave for vacation. Things HAVE to get done, there is no tomorrow and if I want things to stay in motion, I have to get things done. Knowing we are leaving for a climbing trip is all I need to fly through my work.
How do you stay motivated?

How timely, I really need to motivation myself. there was a time we need a motivation to keep us working. thanks for the tips here.
ReplyDeleteCatering Melbourne
Thanks Becca! We all need a bit of inspiration now and then. Keep having fun :)
ReplyDeleteMichelle