Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Paperclips Are The New Candy
Getting creative with pop-bys




Once a week I spend a good chunk of the day out visiting clients and fostering relationships. We call them "pop-bys" in my office. I usually like to have some sort of snack for them when I stop by - it brightens and fuels their day.

While at the store sifting through all of the valentines candy, I got a bright idea. With everyone's healthy New Years resolutions, why not do something different today? I ran straight over to the office supply section and started to sift through the Post-Its, Sharpies and push pins. I love office supplies and I love when my friends give that to me as gifts (weird I know). I found these cool paperclips ($3.49 at Walmart) that came 100 to a box. BINGO! I spent the rest of the afternoon handing out these circular wonders and they did indeed bring joy to people's stacks of paper.

So I am here to tell you to think outside the box. Don't go with your normal stuff, start walking down different isles at the store. Challenge your creativity. HAVE FUN! You may be surprised what you can do for under $5.

Oh and feel free to drop Sharpies, Post-Its or cool notepads by my office anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment