Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Last 4 Tips

The Last 4 Tips
(as featured in the Board Talk publication)



7.      Nametag – this is the best $8.00 I have spent. I make sure I wear it to all networking events and “accidentally” leave it on when I run errands sometimes. It tends to spark conversations. Feeling bold? Wear it upside down to make people really look at it!

8.     Write and Article – Write an article for a local magazine, newspaper or any publication really. People are always looking for guest authors and unique articles. The best part, it is FREE!

9.    Have a Tagline – Find a tagline that you actually SAY after you introduce yourself and your company. It’s no use if it is just on your marketing materials – think about the taglines you remember, most of them are from commercials, not just print advertising.

10. Split the Cost – Any time you can co-sponsor an event or split the cost of an ad it means more money in your pocket. I ALWAYS ask if I can have a co-sponsor upfront – the worst they can say is no.  

No comments:

Post a Comment